Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ladies night

Thursdays is when Chad plays golf in his league so it's ladies night for me, Katie and Abby. The last few weeks we've gone to my Dad and Patti's for dinner but we were on our own tonight. Some highlights: She tried to play "Ring Around the Rosie" with the dog. She walked up to Abby and said "paw, paw." Abby didn't respond so we improvised and grabbed her collar while dragging her around in a circle. Abby did sit down when we got to "...we all fall DOWN!" Yes! Good dog! We hit the bathtub where Katie started her audition for American Idol. Lots of loud singing. She started a little chant and, with our influence, we've developed it into the chant from the movie Rudy. "Rudy! Rudy! Ru-DEE! Ru-DEE!" which was followed by a fist bump (alternative to the high-five). Right before I was about to wrap up bath time, she informed me that she "tinkled" in the bathtub. I didn't even know she knew this word (in it's commonly used context). I mean, she sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" about 50 times a day which sounds like "tinkle." Since she says "yes" to every question I ask her, I figured it wasn't worth pursuing the truth. Bath time's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment