Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hello Fall!

I thought summer was busy but the fall is turning out to be busier! We’ve had parties, Patriots games, golf tournaments all while trying to squeeze in a few home improvement projects like painting the front of the house. A few highlights: Here is the house mid-scrapping and pre-primer. Chad is diligently working on that project. Rain delays have cause a couple set backs but so far, so good. I was a little late for this and only offered minimal help but proudly volunteered for the Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund last Friday. This organization put together 300 care packages to Mass soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. It’s a great local organization and here is the link if you are interested in more info: www.massmilitaryheroes.org. Organizations like this can always use more support. Katie took her first trip to the Zoo on Monday with Grammie and Tom. She was wondering if there would be sea lions and beluga whales like at the Aquarium but I told her most of the animals are land animals. She didn’t really grasp that concept. When I got home from work, she told me all about the giraffe eating hay, the elephant with the big ears, the deer that ate corn out of her hand and the rhinoceros (rhin-offer-uth) who went inside to eat lunch. I learned about a lot more animals as the night went on. It was great because she is learning about animals that live in the rainforest at daycare. Each day we get a new craft project that Katie has made at Josie’s. Here is her with a monkey. The mouth is cut upon so you can feed it paper bananas. She loves it! Next up is Katie’s 2nd birthday which is this Saturday. Uncle Stephen, her godfather, has a birthday this week too so she’s been singing “…HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE STEPHEN AND ME!...” I don’t think she knows that we’re suppose to sing to her so I’m curious to see if she’ll sing Happy Birthday to herself on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment