Saturday, March 20, 2010
It's a Big Week
It's a big week for the Perusses! Our newest addition will arrive and we'll officially go from a family of three to a family of four. I'm know I'm ready. My body, especially my back, keeps reminding me that I'm very pregnant. Everyone is busy getting ready. Chad and Katie gave Abby a bath on Friday. Fortunately, the weather was unseasonably warm so they could do it on the deck. Abby is going on vacation to my sister-and brother-in-laws' house while we are in the hospital this week. We are referring to it as her "spring break."
Chad and I spent Saturday cleaning the house from top to bottom. This is one of the benefits of having a scheduled c-section. You get to plan a little more than usual. We were able to bring some of the baby items down from the attic and gear-up for Deuce Perusse. Here is Katie testing out the pack-n-play with her baby doll, Owen. She keeps telling us all of the things she is going to teach her baby brother or sister, like how to eat pizza and how to play with her train.
Since I was able to stop working on Friday and be pretty sure that the baby would be arriving by March 24th, I arranged for me and Katie to take a gym class before I went to the hospital. If she likes it, we hope to sign her up for more. Last year, we spent the spring in swim class and watching her do her jumping jacks, forward rolls and yoga made us think that we should get her involved in another class.
Chad is fortunate enough to be able to have a paternity leave. He'll be home for two weeks once the baby arrives. This is great because his office recently moved to Boston so his commute has become a little longer and a little more complicated. We are going to continue to send Katie to daycare. She enjoys seeing her friends and they have a bunch of fun, creative things that they do there. I'm sure she would be bored home with me and a newborn. Below are a few of the recent items Katie created at daycare. One is a volcano from learning about dinosaurs and the other is a hat that they wore when they went on a Safari. She also created a homemade back-pack, camera and passport for the " 'fari."
So that is what going on today but this week we will have some big changes. Stay tuned for my next post. I think it'll be a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment