One Month Old!
Marin is one month old now! She seems really excited about it if you can tell from this picture.
We went to doctor's on Friday and she is weighs 8lbs. 6oz. which is 2lb. and 4ozs. more than she weighed when we left the hospital. I could definitely believe it since I hold her alot (getting heavier) and feed her alot (getting hungrier). She's becoming more alert and aware of her surroundings. I know she has smiled at me a few times. She's becoming stronger and likes to look around to see what is going on. Her looks are starting to change from a newborn to an infant as she grows.
The only hiccup is that the doctor recommended we make an appointment with a pediatric opthamologist because she has a hemangioma near her eye, which looks like a red tear drop. When I asked the doctor for a translation (and a spelling), she said it's a cluster of blood vessels, similar to a birthmark, that can appear after birth. The doctor's said that it commonly follows the growth pattern of the baby so it could get bigger but typically goes away after a year or so. It's mainly cosmetic but because of the location near the eye, we agreed it would be a good idea to see an opthamologist in the event that it gets bigger and impedes her vision.
Overall, she is doing great!
what a cutie! Cant wait to meet her one of these days
ReplyDelete